Traditional mission activities have developed into an important part of the life of TPC. They help define who we are and where our interests lie. These include the following:
- Tuesday’s Treasures — one of our most vital community mission projects, we support adults with developmental disabilities and their families.
- School House Project — provides school supplies for needy children in the Tigard-Tualatin School District (TTSD).
- Giving Tree — provides children’s gifts and food baskets for needy families in the TTSD at Christmas. In 2014 we supported 6 families with a total of 14 children from Durham Elementary School.
- Janus Project (a.k.a. the “Mitten Tree”) — provides homeless youth with winter gloves, scarves, hats, and socks.
- Annual Cookie Sale — proceeds in 2014 went to Compassion International in support of our sponsored children, Sarah and Estalin.
- Christmas Memorials — Monetary gifts in honor/memory of someone special; proceeds in 2014 went to the Canine Companions for Independence.
- Annual Presbyterian Offerings — World Communion Sunday, Christmas Joy, One Great Hour of Sharing, and Pentecost offering.